The map notes the location of villages that made up Wesuwe parish
in the 19th century.
For a current detailed map of this area search on any of the villages mentioned
with MapQuest or click on location with http://www.vukv.weser-ems.de/stadtplan/stadtplan.htm.
The image of the parish church of Wesuwe was taken from
the website Kirchengemeinde St Clemens Wesuwe
The church in Wesuwe is known to have existed from at least 1325 but may
have existed since the 12th century. The parish church of St. Clements was enlarged in
1892/93 but retains a wall and tower from the earlier church built in 1509. St Clemens
parish records of baptisms, marriages and deaths exist from1626/27 but contain numerous
Ruetenbrock, Lindloh and Schwartenberg were part of Wesuwe parish until
1809 when they were separated into the parish in Ruetenbrock. In 1846 Altenberge was also
made part of Ruetenbrock parish.
Kirchspiel (parish) Wesuwe in the 19th century contained the
following villages or small towns:
St Clemens Church
|Altharen, which originally belonged to Haren parish in the
14th-16th century, later became part of Wesuwe parish and was part of that parish in the
19th century. The village has had a chuch since 1948 and became a separate parish in 1977.
In the 20th century Erika, Fehndorf, Hebelermeer, Huentel and Versen were attached to
Most information taken from Handbuch des Bistums Osnabrueck,
compiled by Hermann Stieglitz and published by Bischoefliches Generalikariat Osnabrueck.
top of page