|Schepsdorf was referred to as Sceepstorpe in an 1161
document and the parish of Schepesthorpe, a daughter-church of Emsbueren, was
mentioned in 1291. The oldest part of the present-day church is thought to date from the
12th century with additions made in 1470/80, 1874 and 1964/65. Parish records date from
Of the villages which belonged to Schepsdorf parish in the 19th century, Lohne was
separated in 1916 and Darme in 1962.
Most information taken from Handbuch des Bistums Osnabrueck, compiled
by Hermann Stieglitz and published by Bischoefliches Generalikariat Osnabrueck.
top of page