The map notes the location of villages that made up Holte parish in
the 19th century.
For a current detailed map of this area search on any of those villages with MapQuest or click on location with http://www.vukv.weser-ems.de/stadtplan/stadtplan.htm.
Kirchspiel (parish) Holte in the 19th century contained the following
villages or small towns:
St Clemens Parish
In 947 Holte as Holuidde and Lastrup as Laasdorpe
were referred to in documents. The parish in Holte was probably founded by the parish of
Haseluenne or Herzlake but is not known from documents until 1276. The church of St
Clemens was built in 1523 with alterations made in 1763 and 1859 and several times more
during this past century. Parish records of baptisms, marriages and deaths exist from 1671
with gaps in the marriage records in 1702 and 1750-52 and in the death records from 1747
Several of the villages which belonged to Holte parish in the 19th century now have
their own churches. In Laehden, which was mentioned in documents from the 1400s as Loeden
and Loden, the church of Unbefleckte Empfaengnis Mariens was built in
1920-21 and the village was separated from the parish of Holte in 1959. In Ahmsen, known
as Amestede in documents dating from 1360, the church of St Johannes vor der
lateinischen Pforte was built 1945. Vinnen, referred to as Finnum in 11th
century documents, was separated from Holte parish in 1921 but the village's church,
St Antonius Einsiedler, is older, having been built in 1858.
Most information taken from Handbuch des Bistums Osnabrueck, compiled
by Hermann Stieglitz and published by Bischoefliches Generalikariat Osnabrueck.
top of page