This map of Kirchspiel Heede notes the location of villages that
made up Heede parish in the 19th century.
For a current detailed map of this area search on any of the villages mentioned
with MapQuest or click on location with http://www.vukv.weser-ems.de/stadtplan/stadtplan.htm.
The image (at right) of the pparish church is from the book Landschaften
im Emsland; Papenburg; mit Aschendorf, Doerpen, Lathen, Rhede, p. 56
|Kirchspiel (parish) Heede in the 19th century contained the following
villages or small towns:
Petrus in Ketten
(St Peter in Chains)
|A chapel was built in Heithe by 1177
and Heyde was referred to as a parish in 1296 but may have remained in some way a
part of the larger parish of Aschendorf. A new parish church in Heede, Maria-Koenigin
des Weltalls was built in 1976/77 but the old church, St Petrus in Ketten dates
from very much earlier that that, having been built in 1484. Parish records exist
from 1715 for baptisms and from 1720 for marriages and deaths.
about Heede was taken from Handbuch des Bistums Osnabrueck, compiled by Hermann
Stieglitz and published by Bischoefliches Generalvikariat Osnabrueck.
top of page