Haseluenne was a parish from around 800 with a church in Lunne
traceable to between 1107 and 1113. The church dates from the last third of the 15th
century. The present-day steeple was built in 1860. The latest renovations were in
1976-77. Baptism and marriage records exist from 1640 with gaps in the marriages in 1678.
Death records exist from 1648 with a gap in 1680.
Herzlake was originally part of this parish but separated from it around the 11/12th
century. Several villages belonging to Haseluenne throughout the nineteenth century now
are Filialkirchen. Flechum, referred to in 1276 as Vlechnen, has a
chapel built in 1967 dedicated to St Franziskus. Westerloh has St Antonius von Padua,
dedicated in 1948. Hoeven had a chapel first built there in 1383 which was replaced in
1651 and then again in 1856 by the present building.
Most information taken from Handbuch des Bistums Osnabrueck, compiled
by Hermann Stieglitz and published by Bischoefliches Generalikariat Osnabrueck.
top of page