This map of Kirchspiel Doerpen notes the location of villages that
made up Doerpen parish in the 19th century.
For a current detailed map of this area search on any of the villages mentioned
with MapQuest or click on location with http://www.vukv.weser-ems.de/stadtplan/stadtplan.htm.
The image (at right) of the church is from the website http://www.doerpen.de/index1.html (under Wohnen
|Kirchspiel (parish) Doerpen in the 19th century contained the
following villages or small towns:
|Doerpen, as a location, was known as Dorbun/Dorpun on
11th century Closter Corvey documents and at that time belonged to the parish of
Steinbild. A chapel was built in Doerpen in the 1500s and the village became a parish by
at least the early-to-mid 17th century. The present-day St. Vitus church was built
1794-98. Parish baptism and marriage records for Doerpen exist from the 1650s and death
records from 1672.
This information about Doerpen was taken from the Handbuch
des Bistums Osnabrueck, compiled by Hermann Stieglitz and published by Bischoefliches
top of page